Google Analytics is a program that helps you to monitor all kinds of activity taking place on your site. It allows you to see how people behave when they visit your website. An analytics program can track activities such as:
1. The number of visitors to your site.
2. The time visitors spend on your site.
3. Other sites which visitors are coming from.
An analytics program can tell you important information about your site that will help you in optimizing your site. A very popular analytics tool is the Google Analytics program which can be easily installed on your site.
How can analytics help your site? Analytics can help in many ways, some of which are outlined below:
1. Referral Traffic Statistic: This statistic shows you the sites your visitors are coming from. If you know that you are getting a lot of traffic from some articles you publish on a particular website, you can publish more articles on that website to get more traffic.
2. Organic Traffic Statistic: This statistic shows the number of visitors coming to your site through a search engine and the keywords they are using. With this information, you can easily identify the keywords that are bringing the most traffic without having to guess. You can then strengthen your position on the search engine for those keywords so that no other website will take your place.
3. Bounce Rate: This shows the percentage of people who visit your website and leave without visiting other pages. If your site has a high bounce rate, it means that your site does not interest your visitors and you need to do something about it.
Website analytics tool helps you to track what is, and is not, working on your site. This will help you to take the necessary action to optimize your site and improve your visitor experience and conversion.
David Carleton is a Spa and Pool Internet Marketing Consultant who specializes in showing pool and spa dealers how to spend less and get more from their marketing and advertising using low cost strategies in local business marketing, lead generation and conversion, Internet marketing and social media. To download a copy of the free report, “9 Steps to Internet Marketing Success for Spa and Pool Dealers”, go to http://SpaPoolMarketingSuccess.com
Did you like this post? If so, click the Facebook “like” or Google “+1? button below and share it with your friends!
Click Here to Add me to Your Google Plus Circles Google Plus